Verse To Live By

Make it your ambition
to lead a quiet life
to mind your own business
and to work with your hands...

So that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders

And so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

I Thessalonians 4:11-12

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Simple Peanut Butter Cookies

I have a simple recipe for cookies, given to me by my son.  He doesn't take credit for it, as he found it on the internet.  After I had one of his cookies, and I heard the recipe, I knew I would need to make some.  Here's the very simple recipe:

Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg

Mix ingredients together, roll into one inch balls, coat in sugar, drop on cookie sheet, bake 10-14 minutes at 350 degrees.  Let sit 10 minutes to firm after removing from oven.  If desired, push one chocolate kiss in each cookie.  Makes 1 dozen cookies.

I like that it just makes a dozen cookies.  I don't want a great big batch from which I tend to overeat.  One little batch, enough to share with some friends, and have a few for myself without feeling guilty.  Yum yum.  You can't even tell the other normal ingredients are missing!

No comments:

Post a Comment